I’m happy to announce that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award for the very first time! A big thank you goes to my dear Myna Kaltschnee for thinking of me. 🙂
The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less and it has German origins. The word ‘liebster’ has various meanings, such as dearest or sweetest. If you Google it, you’ll know more about it and you’ll discover that rules can vary from time to time and from blogger to blogger. I am following the rules that I’ve been given.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for Liebster Award and link their blog in your article.
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 2 to 11 other bloggers for Liebster Award.
4. Create a new list with 11 questions for the nominated bloggers.
5. Inform your nominated bloggers about your blog article.
6. Mention these rules in your Liebster Award article.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions…
1. Who’s your absolute favourite writer?
It’s Natsuo Kirino, known as the queen of Japanese noir.
2. If you could move to another country for a year, what country would it be?
Italy and Sweden would be the easiest choices but actually, I dream of spending some time in the Faroe Islands. <3
3. Complete the sentence: I have a weakness for …
… junk food. 🙁 When I smell it from restaurants or from my neighbour’s barbeque grill, I can feel my knees buckling.
4. Do you prefer reading bestsellers or not so famous books?
Since I’m reading a lot of translated books, these are generally bestsellers in their country of origin and sometimes in other bigger markets. However, you won’t necessarily find all of them prominently showcased in bookshops or in top lists from major book websites. To give you an example, not all the books that I read are on the same scale of fame as Paulo Coelho or Haruki Murakami. What pushes me away from the bestseller label is if such a book has a too obvious formula; other than that, I don’t mind them.
5. Is there something you learnt from blogging?
I learnt that I can be more responsible and organised.
6. Since when does your blog exist?
Since 4th April 2015.
7. Can you still remember your first favourite book? If so, what book was it?
The one I can remember is from my early teens. I had (still have it, at my parents’ home) a collection of 36 horror books called Shivers, similar to Goosebumps. My favourite book out of these was the 10th one, called The Curse of the New Kid, about a bullied teenage boy whose tormentors die, whichever school he goes to.
8. If you could be a man for one day, what would you do?
Try a hard physical task to see if my strength has increased, dress nicely and go out in public to see if I’d get catcalled (I know I won’t), and another bunch of weird things to test out my new body haha. 😛
9. Decide: Chocolate or gummy bears?
10. Decide: Vacation by the sea or hiking in the mountains?
Neither of these attracts me particularly, but hiking sounds too daunting, so I’ll go for the vacation by the sea!
11. Decide: Reading or writing?
Reading, definitely. I don’t do creative writing because it’s something that doesn’t come naturally to me. Even though I love to write on my blog, it certainly puts me under pressure because I have to confront readers, besides the obvious difficulty in brainstorming for new ideas and planning posts. With reading, it’s just me and the book.
(I can only manage two for now; still on the lookout for interesting bloggers!)
My 11 questions for the nominees
1. Do you collect anything?
2. You are sent somewhere in isolation for an indefinite period of time and you’re only allowed to take three books with you. Which ones would you take?
3. If you could learn/study one thing right now, what would it be?
4. Do you have any particular habit (good or bad) while reading a book? (example: checking the last page, paying too much attention to the page count, etc.)
5. What was your first blog post about (excluding the introductory post)?
6. Congratulations! You’ve been invited to have dinner with your favourite author! Name this author and the first question you’d ask him/her.
7. Choose your favourite book ending: happy, heartbreaking, or open/cliffhanger?
8. Where is the farthest place you have travelled to?
9. Do you like to use paper notebooks when writing or do you do everything on your computer?
10. Do you prefer to write with background music on or in silence?
11. What or who is your biggest source of inspiration?