Goodbye August. You’ve been bittersweet, as always.
And hello, September! In 22 days I’ll be back to lectures and, honestly, I’m looking forward to it right now. That’s how much I hate summer, I guess. I feel that by going back to the academic routine, I will recover my energy.
So bring it on!
- Turning 30 and being cool about it (at least on the outside, ha) 3️⃣0️⃣
- Matt surprising me with a new phone – Samsung S7 Edge 😳 it’s so cool! 📱
- Our 4th anniversary 💖
- Completing my Fredrik Backman book collection, thanks to Matt 😍📚
- TV binge-watching 📺
- Mum’s chocolate cake 🍰😍
- Matt trying out the Backman audiobooks, yay! 📖
- Health issues that keep persisting and putting me down 😷
- House maintenance issues
- Lack of energy and will and can summer be over already?
What I’ve been watching
- Movies: After last month’s marathon, I took a mini break. Only 13 films logged on Letterboxd. The best I saw were The Queen, Snapphanar and Det nya landet. I also enjoyed a movie from the Beck series. Oh, I was also forced to watch the first Saw movie because of a coupon that I gifted to Matt. It was a bit less disgusting than I thought, but I still didn’t enjoy the tension. Nope, horror films are not for me.
- TV: I watched three amazing series that I’m eager to keep following: The Crown (read my review), Victoria (Season 2 has just started airing on ITV) and Mr. Robot, a cool but mind-boggling show about hacking, with Rami Malek and Christian Slater. We also discovered, by chance while zapping on Comedy Central, Impractical Jokers. It’s a group of four friends who play pranks on each other and the public in a sort of candid camera style. They’re hilarious; it’s our new favourite thing
What I’ve been reading
- Study: This month, I only read books related to my dissertation. They were mostly short stories’ collections along with some crit. I’m enjoying reading them so far, even though it’s hard to understand some of the stories. But most of them were cool, and I’m starting to appreciate fantastic literature.
- August: Well, I started to go downhill this month. Apart from the book review, which I had prepared in July, I had to write the others in a short time. It was hard to find the energy to do so. I was also going to post a review of The Queen this week since it coincided with Diana’s anniversary, but I didn’t finish it. It sucks because my problem is not the lack of ideas (I have quite many right now) and it’s not even the studies that are keeping me away. It’s the lack of concentration and strength (combined with random health symptoms that bring me down). It sucks.
- September: I can’t see myself improving, at least in the first half of the month. I might even stay silent for a couple of weeks. Hope to find new energy and develop my ideas into proper posts, pretty soon. 😊